Elisabeth Kübler-Ross, M.D. was a Swiss-born psychiatrist and the author of the groundbreaking book On Death and Dying, where she first discussed what is now known as the Kübler-Ross model or the now famous Five Stages of Grief.
1. Denial : The initial stage: "It can't be happening."
2. Anger : "How dare you do this to me?!"
3. Bargaining : "Just let me live to see my son graduate."
4. Depression : "I'm so sad, why bother with anything?"
5. Acceptance : "I know that I will be in a better place."